Sunday, February 12, 2017

Its so Corny

                Oh boy I’m really not enjoying this. I knew there was a reason that I have not seen West Side Story on my own. I wish there was a way I could unsee something, because I really did not enjoy this movie. There was way too much singing and dancing for me. Oh my gosh. I do not like musicals, Caprice tried to tell me that watching a Disney movie was the same thing. IT IS NOT THE SAME (don’t fight me on this)! I tried so hard to pay attention for the purpose of homework. Believe me I tried VARY HARD.
                First of all, before I get into anything, how are you going to call yourself a gang with some soft ass names like Jets and Sharks? For real, when you hear the word “gang” you don’t think of a plane or an animal.  LMAO, honestly there’s two strikes against this movie. First strike it’s a musical and the second strike is its some type of love story. HERE WE GO AGAIN with this love at first sight mess. Honestly there’s no such thing. There is like at first sight. How can you know you love someone the moment you meet them?  I think Bernardo was acting like any brother to be honest, but it was too extreme. He didn’t have to stab Riff.  If any of my brothers acted like he did I would be LIVID.
                They really did the most. Maria dumb, if the guy I love hurts or even kills one of my brothers there’s no way I’m begging them to stay with me. That’s DEAD. I don’t care how much you're trying to tell me you love me and want to be with me. I don’t care how much you apologize to me, THERE IS NO WAY I WILL BE WITH YOU AFTER THAT!
Steve Harvey TV frustrated steve harvey whats wrong with you
                Anita pissed me off too. How are you going to act like you understand how Maria feels about Tony and then switch up the message like that? Now Tony looking dumb asking Chino to kill him when the whole time Maria is just being questioned by the police. But if you think about it, Tony ended up getting what he asked for. He died by the hand of Chino.  My thing is, did Maria really love him? Because my mans is dead, doesn’t that mean she’s going to move on?

But like Romeo and Juliet, the two feuding sides were brought together by death. 

1 comment:

  1. Bria, You have some strong opinions on the movie! I can relate to the excessive singing and dancing. However, consider the fact that this was originally a Broadway musical that was made into a movie. Therefore, there must have been a lot of temptation to include a lot of Broadway aspects in the movie, even though it can be bothersome at times. The one thing that I liked about this movie was that it was not an obvious adaptation of Romeo and Juliet like the clip we watched in class. With that being said, I applaud the directors for their originality.

    ReplyDelete