Monday, February 27, 2017

Sheerluck Holmes and the Golden Ruler is better

I’m sorry y’all this one isn’t going to be as funny. I don’t have any animosity towards Sherlock Holmes. But if I was to meet him in real life that would be a different story.
Before this class, I haven’t really had any formal interaction with the real Sherlock Holmes. But I actually enjoyed this section of readings. When I was younger I watched every single Veggie Tale movie in the world. Upon reading, I remembered there was a Veggie Tale movies named Sheerluck Holmes and the Golden Ruler. This was my very first encounter with a Sherlock Holmes rendition. I absolutely loved it! I actually love mysteries. In the movie Larry the Cucumber was the character Sheerluck Holmes and Bob the tomato was Dr. Watson. They were trying to solve the case of the missing Golden Ruler. Sheerluck took all of the credit for solving the mystery, leaving Dr. Watson looking like he didn’t help at all. In the end, this movie was about the Golden rule “So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.” Matthew 7:12 and also friendship. Yeah this isn’t a conventional rendition of Sherlock Holmes, but it’s my absolute favorite. I recommend you watch it, it’s cute, educational, and offers a message about friendship. 

                I actually like the character of Sherlock Holmes. He doesn’t do things the way other people do them, he’s more of a rebel in a sense. I love that about him. I also like hos he is an introvert and he only talks when he absolutely has to say something. Dr. Watson and Irene are the only other two people who cares for Holmes as much as Holmes cares for Holmes. Irene and Holmes get along because she shares almost the same intellectual thinking level as him.

                I think I like how odd Holmes is. He’s so smart that he doesn’t always know how to fit in. He’s more book smart than he is people smart. But honestly if I was to meet him in real life, I don’t think we would get along. I tend to get smart with people who think they know everything. Like we tend to not get a long AT ALL. I know I’m wrong about some things, but you don’t have to rub it in my face in such a rude way.

5 comments:

  1. I too would find it interesting to actually meet Sherlock Homes. He does seem to have the smarts as well as a different/strange way of looking at things. Which serves him well as a detective and determining the truth behind things and people. I guess that is one of the things I find about the Sherlock Homes reading so far is the desire to find the truth to secrets whether they are good or bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's really interesting that you chose to compare Holmes to yourself and how you would actually interact with each other in real life. I never really thought like that, and found it so interesting that you were able to make that connection. I too used to watch VeggieTales and know exactly what you are talking about. I loved that you made that connection

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is different from any thing that you have ever posted. I like the comparisons that you made. I agree with you also, Holmes is a funny character because he has a lot of witty remarks and does not care what people think of him. I also lacked formal interaction with Sherlock Holmes prior to this class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you and Sherlock Holmes would be just fine. I think it is very fun to imagine meeting Mr. Holmes. I think our world needs a detective like him now more than ever!

    ReplyDelete