Sunday, April 16, 2017

Vampires and stuff

            I’ve always known who Dracula was –the creepy vampire guy- but I never really knew his story and stuff. I always assumed that Dracula was going to be how everyone perceives Dracula. A man who can’t stop drinking the blood of humans and then the townspeople try to kill him. This is my first time reading Dracula. I always imagined it to seem more gruesome and suspenseful, but it’s more mysterious. I did enjoy some parts of it. I like how the book has diary entries, it makes it more entertaining and easier to read.
           
            The part where people are telling Harker not to go to Dracula’s castle and then he ends up feeling like his prisoner kind of reminds me of Beauty and the Beast in way. Belle gets a weird vibe from the beast’s creepy castle, but she goes in anyway and her father is a prisoner, but then she decides to be the beast’s prisoner instead to her father go. Another part that relates to Beauty and the Beast is when Dracula just says that Harker can just leave and he thinks he’s never going to get out of the castle. Belle was always in the room and the beast always got fed up that she would never leave the room he said if she just wants to leave she can. Those parts aren’t exactly the same, but it’s a similar situation. They’re honestly both so stubborn.



                                 This is basically Harker except he really isn’t locked up in a cell.



            In many other TV shows, movies, etc. they make Dracula seem like a good guy at the end, but in the beginning they make him seem like an awful person. He’s like everyone else except he needs blood to survive, which is bad, but people over-exaggerate his character a lot. Honestly, if I ever met Dracula I’d obviously be afraid, but I know that he could potentially end up controlling it. I also believe people imagine him as wearing all black, hair slicked back, fangs, long nails, cape etc. (typical vampire look). In the book I think he just looks like a regular person to everyone else. Until people find out what he’s really like and what he does. Overall, I did enjoy some parts of the book, but I think it would be better as a movie or a TV show that’s just about Dracula because some movies don’t really focus on just Dracula throughout the entire thing.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you connected our reading to Beauty and The Beast. I never would have thought of it, but with the evidence you presented, I can totally see A all the connections you made.

    ReplyDelete