Wednesday, May 10, 2017

4/10 Lizzie Bennet Diaries and Fanfics, Oh my~

So, wow...that was a super intense last few episodes of The Lizzie Bennet Diaries. Holy hell, the whole sex tape and a Lydia we've never seen. Just...wow. Petition to keel haul Wickham, because that man is repulsive beast (and not beast in the good way either).
I have to say that I actually love this representation of Lydia, though. In Austen's novel, I hated her. There wasn't a single redeeming quality about her. In the LBD, we can actually see her as the child that Wickham took advantage of and it's not okay in any sense. While I hated what happened to Lydia, I loved that she showed another side of herself and was no longer a flat character. I also loved that she didn't end up with Wickham and that she might actually be able to have a bright future, instead of a miserable one that she no doubt had in the novel.

Also, what the heck was with the super cheesy last couple of episodes? Both Lizzie and Darcy were waaaaaay too lovey dovey and it was unsettling. On the plus side, I agree everyone in the comments section that Darcy is Lizzie's biggest fan.
crying It's freaking perfect lol. And Gigi ships Lizzie and Darcy so hard.
Speaking of Gigi, it seriously hurt the parallel between Gigi and Lydia with that fucking shitfuck Wickham. Just seriously?

 Why must you hurt me this way????

With the fanfiction, the one that stuck out the most was A Most Convenient Mishap. I've read that sort of fanfic before (there are numerous fanfics using that sort of situation), and every time, it's amusing. I honestly thought that it was going to end up as smut or at least a lime, but I guess that's a bit too much if they're trying to keep with the period and that Lizzy hated Darcy. Now she really has a reason to hate him, what with him presuming that she was trying to seduce him. Whop whop, mate. Better luck next time, and good luck getting on her good side now.

No comments:

Post a Comment