Sunday, March 26, 2017

Pride & Prejudice :^)
                This is my first time ever reading Pride and Prejudice. I must say that I have enjoyed reading this book thus far. I have found a real liking for Elizabeth in the story because she doesn’t settle with the social norms that her society tries forcing on her. Many women at this time are marrying men that they may not truly love and are committing to them for their wealth. Elizabeth denies the proposals of Mr. Collins and Mr. Darcy, a huge shocker for both of the snobbish men. I admire that no matter how rich or handsome a man could be, Elizabeth will only marry that person if they prove to make her happy.
              Image result for pride and prejudice
 I find Mr. Darcy to be one of the most interesting characters in the story. At first, I was not a fan of him at all. I thought of him as just an arrogant @$$hole. But eventually he started to remind me of Barney Stinson from How I met your Mother and I found him hilarious ever since. The way he carries (in the movie) and thinks of himself is so outlandish it is honestly humorous to me. Throughout the story, I feel that he really makes the reader start to care for him. He proves that he is not so bad after all through a few generous acts of kindness towards Elizabeth.

          Image result for pride and prejudice   
 At first I also had a hard time really liking Ms. Bennett. I did not like how she was raising her daughters how to marry so poorly. After reading further, I started to really find the mother-love in her. I know my mother has tried everything she can to raise me right and brighten my future. I finally saw that Ms. Bennett wants that same joyous future for her daughters. She wants her daughters to have a better adulthood than she has had and she really proves to be super unselfish for her daughters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment