Sunday, March 26, 2017

#TeamMr.Wickham

          This is my first experience with Pride and Prejudice and I actually enjoy it. I didn’t think I would because of the time period. I usually assume that if something is not as modern, it will be extremely boring, but that was not the case with Pride and Prejudice. I would have to say that my least favorite characters would be, Mr. Darcy and Mr. Collins. Darcy thinks he’s better than everyone else and he is rude. Collins thinks he has the right to move on the next woman available, since Elizabeth rejected his proposal. I thought that was such a cliché move. “It didn’t work with her so how about I move on to her dearest friend, Charlotte.” That’s basically what Mr. Collins had said in his head.

            I have started watching the “The Lizzie Bennet Diaries” and I find the episodes very entertaining. I also enjoy that most of the episodes are spot on with the passages in the book. I would have to say I do enjoy the diaries more than the actual book only because it is in modern day. The humor and sarcasm is still presentable in the diaries, which is what makes it entertaining. In the diaries there are only three sisters rather than five. I believe it is better to have three sisters instead of five because it makes it much easier to keep up with. There are so many unnecessary characters.


            I didn’t find it very shocking when Mr. Darcy exposed his love towards Lizzy. I honestly expected it because of the way he acted towards her. He was really rude towards her, but I’m not sure why, maybe that’s why he shows that he likes her. In the diaries Lizzie was shocked when Darcy told her he loved her. I’m glad Mr. Darcy and Lizzy don’t end up together. I would much rather see her with Mr. Wickham. He is the only sympathetic man in the story and he genuinely likes Lizzy.


            Overall I enjoy the book and the diaries. I can’t wait to see who Lizzy ends up or if she even gets married at all. I believe her sisters will get married first and she will be the last. I also believe that she will end up with Mr. Darcy rather than Mr. Wickham. Although, I would like her to end up with Mr. Wickham. The good girl always ends up choosing the bad guy. Why does this happen? I’ve seen many situations like this and they never end well.

No comments:

Post a Comment