Monday, April 10, 2017

They remind me of my siblings and I

I'm not going to lie. Even though I read the book prior to watching the Lizzie Bennet diaries, I thought I was real. But after two episodes I realized it wasn't. I honestly think that's what made me like it so much. Before actually starting the vlogs I already had my mind made up I'm not going to like this. I didn't actually enjoy the reading. But once I started them, I couldn't stop. But it still baffles me that these videos and the book are so popular. It's like a whole level of fan girl.
I think out of the whole show I enjoyed Lydia the most. Even though I relate more to Lizzie in a sense. Lydia kind of reminds me of my brother, Isaiah. Isiah is the youngest of three kids and he’s charming, much like Lydia. No, I’m not calling my brother a slut nor am I saying he hooks up with multiple people in the corner of a bar. It’s just the way he acts that causes me to think of him as Lydia, the younger annoying sibling. But most times I don’t look at it as annoying. Why? Because he’s been doing this his whole life and he’s simply showing me that he loves me and he wants to be around me.
Jane reminded me of my older brother, Lennard. Mostly because he’s the only Jackson sibling that’s on tract to get married in the near future. He’s also the perfect child who could possibly do no wrong. Setting the standard for the next siblings to follow. It can either be a good or bad thing. Most times it’s a bad thing, simply because every child has their own personalities. Jane and Lennard remind me of each other because they both have a quiet nature about them. Whenever Jane appeared on the videos, she always seemed to be a quiet individual.
I related to Lizzie a lot. I’m blunt, I tell it like it is most times. I’m also my dad’s favorite but that’s mostly because I’m the only girl. But much like her, I don’t always see the good in people right away. Like her whole situation with Darcy, she didn’t see that he was a nice guy. When she first met him, he was snobby and that kind of threw her off. I do the exact same thing. If I meet someone and they are a bit rude towards me I will immediately brush them off, failing to see the good in them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment